Wednesday 24 February 2016

Celebration of Life

Jesus also was invited, with his disciples, to the marriage. Jn 2:2

It really struck me this morning as I was thinking about this passage of scripture and asking the Holy Spirit to give me fresh revelation, that this passage is written in the scripture to show us clearly, Jesus celebrated life and love.  This marriage was a celebration of life and love and the first recorded of His signs performed in Cana of Galilee that showed His glory.

I had to repent because I know that I haven't enjoyed life the way Jesus wants us too.  After all, it was Jesus who emphatically said:-

The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly. Jn 10:10

We get so caught us in the rush and frustrations of life, past unsealed wounds, and offences we carry, that they taint life for us.  We no longer stop and even enjoy God's creation.  I can image Jesus beingdelighted in everything around Him, for He is joy, and passing that contagious joy onto His disciples.  I see Him saying things like, touch this leaf, look at the clouds, feel the rain on your face, examine this delicate flower, look at the ants - how industrious they are.  Let us just enjoy this moment we are in and give glory to God.

That was the key for me this morning as I took the puppy for a walk and got frustrated with the stopping at every bush and tree.  In fact, I tugged a bit hard at the lead a few times to get going again and a Holy Ghost thought came to me....it had to be the Holy Ghost and definitely not my own....why don't you enjoy even this moment that you have stopped.  Wow, that was revelation to my heart.  So I put my eyes on Jesus and asked Him to help me enjoy each and every moment, as if He was walking with me, and to see through His eyes.  It was as if I suddenly saw the fresh blue sky and beautiful clouds, the deep shadows the sun cast and the light shining on the beautiful gum trees.  This is obviously is something to practise as a few moments later, I tugged on that lead again, and immediately apologised to Jesus and quieted my heart and declared I will enjoy this moment.

I have spoken these things to you, that my joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be made full. Jn 15:11

In this passage, Jesus was talking about abiding in Him, the vine, and abiding in his love.  If we keep our eyes on Him and practise walking with Him and looking for His glory, he will teach us about enjoying and celebrating life and love, even as He did at that wedding in Cana of Galilee.  After all, He turned the water into wine....and I would have said, "don't you think they have had enough?"  The issue for Jesus was to not let anything mar that celebration of love, life and joy.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. There are always reminders in life to slow down and enjoy what God made. To commune with Him....

    ReplyDelete