Tuesday 28 September 2010

Grace, and grace upon grace

He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor punished us according to our iniquities. Psa 103:10

How our praise should rise to God in thankfulness and gratitude forHe does not count our sins against us. If He did how could we stand? God is so merciful to us and so gracious a Father that we are not consumed by His anger.

I shudder sometimes when I think how I can take the grace of God for granted. We somehow seem to think that once we have been saved and walked with God for a long while we're doing okay. How often do we stop to think about the things we actually think? The other day, I was walking along the beach and some thoughts arose about the way a fairly large person was dressed, and I was about to retort to Sam, when the gentle nudge of the Holy Spirit began to convict me.

When I think about the unkind thoughts I've had, mostly about strangers in a critical way, and the words I've spoken, the attitudes of my heart, drawing away from those who don't come up to my expectation, impatience, not helping others when I've had the ability to and a host of myriad things, I realise that I need to come up higher in my love-walk. I need to be aware of what I think and what I say for this will surely show me what is in my heart.

For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father pities his children, So the LORD pities those who fear Him. Psa 103:11 -13

God is Holy. Holy and yet He pours out His grace upon us, forgiving us for all our wrong doing all because of what Jesus Christ has done for us.

For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.) Rom 5:17

Wow what grace! Wow what LOVE! The cross of Christ was the greatest swap made on our behalf, and our biggest plus all because of grace, truth and love.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2Co 5:21) and, for you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich. (2Co 8:9)

What a swap. His righteousness for our unrighteousness, His riches for our poverty "And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace." (Joh 1:16)

Yes, grace upon grace, God pours down on us, praise to His Holy name. Powerful Redemption through Christ gives us all the reasons and more to make our hearts dance and our mouths sing with joy to the glorious Father and His Son, our Saviour. Thank you Father for the grace you pour out upon us. Help us never to take it for granted and help us extend it in your Son's name Jesus we pray.

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. (Psa 84:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment