Thursday 1 September 2011

"Grace has found me just as I am"


"being confident in this, that God who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6
Your grace reached out to me and found me. Just as the Shepherd left the 99 sheep to look for the lost lamb, so He found me and touched me and saved me.
There was nothing in me that should have attracted His love, except He is LOVE. He is full of grace and He sent Jesus to die for me so that I would be reconciled into His arms, His Love and His mercy. God saw me, not where I was, in the cesspool of sin, but He saw what I would become in Christ as He worked in and through me, producing good works.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. Eph 2:4 -7
In Him! In Him, I have heavenly blessings and His divine nature to live a holy life. It's not me, it's HIS POWER in me. It's even His love in me, that perfect love that came from the Father and helps me to love others. It's not even my prayers, but the spirit in me who makes intercession for the saints and for my life.
There's nothing I bring to this table of relationship except my willingness to yield, to draw closer, to know Him more, to love deeper. My willingness and His power interweave to produce goodness in me. I offer nothing that He has not already given me and yet in giving nothing, He gives all. All blessings flow from His heart, His throne and fills me with joy in living life, in loving others, in being in Him and with Him.

Oh come to the living water and drink deeply of His grace and mercy bathed in love and soaked in His presence. Come and receive. Be confident in Him and surrender. He will complete the work in us that will produce the fruit of righteousness. He will safely present us to Himself on that great and glorious day that we stand before the throne, In Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment