Saturday 8 June 2013

The Finished Work of Calvary


The cross of Christ!  An amazing gift!  God-given, God breathed and God performed. 

When Jesus Christ said, “It is done”, an exchange was fully completed on our behalf.  Thank you Jesus, for the finished work of the cross.

You became sin so I might become the righteousness of God

You were rejected so I could be accepted.

You took my sicknesses so I could be healed.

You became poor so I might become rich.

You took my shame so I would have honour as a child of the Most High God.

You were hated so I would be loved.

You died so I could have life. 

You became a curse so I would be set free from the curse of sin and be blessed.

You took my punishment and judgement so there is now no condemnation for me.

You were bound so I could be set free and walk in liberty.

You were taken captive by the darkness so I could be released into the light.

You took my sorrows so I could have joy.

You went to hell, took the keys of hades and death, so I could go to heaven.

You rose from the dead for my justification.

You were falsely accused so I could be declared innocent.

Your relationship with the Father was broken so I could be reconciled to Him.

You took His wrath so I could have His grace and peace.

Your heart was broken so mine could be restored and made whole.

Everything that you did at Calvary was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment